Thursday 18 February 2010

Sad Loss of Lee McQueen.......

LFW starts just a week after Alexander McQueen's tragic death, so organisers of the event are collaborating to make a homage to his work. Images from McQueen's collection will be displayed in a wall of iPod touches. I would love to see this in person but will probably have to wait for it to be in the papers :(






The British Fashion Council have made this statement - "We are deeply saddened at the news of Lee McQueen’s untimely death. He was a visionary and will continue to be an inspiration to generations of designers. He won Designer of the Year at the British Fashion Awards an unprecedented 4 times and his impact was global. We are immensely proud to have had him on the London catwalk. Our thoughts are with his friends and family at this sad time.”

I have always adored Alexander McQueen especially as a fashion student, he was always somebody I admired for pushing the boundaries of design and inspired me in so many ways. I tried to think of my favourite memory of his work and for me it has to be the 1998 catwalk show where the models walked down the runway in white dresses splattered with paint which was being thrown by car robots. Such imagination!!

And on a current note - I loved his Armadillo and Alien Shoes for Spring 2010. Lady Gaga can be seen rocking McQueen's Armadillo shoes in her music video "Bad Romance."

RIP - A true fashion legend.

Amy x





 

No comments:

Post a Comment